11 May 2010

Flo's Window



Florence has been channelling her inner window dresser recently after being chosen by Selfridges as one of 10 musicians to take part in a new project called Sounds Of The Mind.

The initiative sees Florence and the likes of Dizzee Rascal, Hot Chip, The XX and Marina and the Diamonds given free reign to create a window display for the London store.

Sounds Of The Mind is a celebration of the power of lyrics and set to herald the beginning of the festival season in May.

Florence's design is based around her track 'Cosmic Love'. She said of the project: "Secretly I always thought if I wasn't a singer I would like to be a window dresser. I used to do a lot of art installations at art college so this really appealed to me.

"I was really excited about the idea of seeing the lyrics to my songs portrayed in such an original and exciting way. It's about creating a representation of the song in a visual sense so what a song would look like instead of hearing it."

Click on the picture below to head to the gallery section and see the full size pictures of Florence's dazzling display.

No comments:

Post a Comment