4 Dec 2009

New Florence LP inspired by time travel?

Florence Welch has revealed that her next album could be inspired by "time travel" and "minimalism".

The Florence and the Machine singer released her debut album Lungs in June - and has since seen it go platinum - but plans to begin recording the follow-up as soon as January.

"I started thinking about it last night actually when I was trying to go to sleep. I was like, 'My God, I've got to do another one!'" she told DS.

"I've been writing bits and bobs here and there, and talking to producers and stuff, but the sudden realisation hit me last night. I've got a notebook that's full of scraps but I kind of need to sew it all together to make it an album."

However, Welch admitted that she has got as far as devising potential themes for the record.

"I think that's one of the easiest things. If you think about which way you want to go, the rest of it sort of follows suit," she said. "'Minimalism' and 'time travel' are two phrases that are getting bandied about."

Click 'play' below to watch our full interview with Florence Welch.

No comments:

Post a Comment