4 Dec 2009

Florence's Blog

Far, far, far unfit to bear the bitter cold.
Let me, let me, let me freeze again to death.

It seems the darkness is encroaching, as the winter knuckles down with freezing fists, and although the day carries on, the night falls around us.. ..ie : its fucking cold and I cant get out of bed in the mornings, but anyway, HOWDY! HOW Y’ALL DOING! It's good to be back on land again, ..bonjour to anyone who saw me on my French sojourn, it was fantastique!, I had a magical day in Paris, tripping around the graves of motparsse, a village for the dead, broken stained glass and lilacs, walked along the seine, it seems to me the light is different in Paris, kind of rosy gold, when you come through the eurostar you realise how grey purple the light is here, but the greens are brighter.

I got lost in Montmartre, always lost.. but found a charity shop warehouse and the Moulin rouge... the gig at the cigalle was one of my favourite ever, I had been reading edith piafs biography, that I bought from Shakespeare and co, so I was hoping to channel her in some way…

it was a pleasure to be back at the union chapel for the little noise sessions, I think the chapel is my favourite venue in london, and performing with strings was a great way to end a hungover Sunday, I felt pretty unholy as I walked into the church but somehow absolved as I left…

what else what else what else, oh yeah, collaboration extravaganza at the tabernacle for the NME, it was radical, patrick wolf, jack penate, kid harpoon, steve mackey, and jarvis cocker all agreed to play, and DREAM COME TRUE, i got to sing underwear with jarvis on stage..woah, teenage fantasy realised..can die happy now..... did not manage to play it cool though, grinning like an idiot the whole way through..x

setting off on our last uk tour of the year tommorow, hope to see you there, im of to rehearse with the string section and the gospel choir for the brixton academy show...eeep, very exciting,
best wishes, lots of love florence...x

Click here for shots from Florence's appearance at The Tabernacle.




No comments:

Post a Comment