2 Nov 2009

Europe, America, Canada and beyond!......well, back to Europe

Flames, planes, and automobiles, what a ride it’s been, we went tooooo..

Deep breath………….an all night restaurant called magicals in Brussels which we turned into our own private 70’s disco for Bobby’s birthday, YMCA’ing all the way to Amsterdam, where I bought enough ruffled sleeved blouses to make me look like Adam Ant for a good few months, also went to the Van Gogh museum, ….nearly burned to death in our bunks in Copehagen, nearly drank ourselves to death in Berlin in an abandoned train carriage bar called, surprisingly “train”….. saw the XX and Holly Miranda, both amazing, sold merch at the XX show, dream come true, saw the Duomo in Milan, where the sun shone through the stained glass and the enormity and grandeur of it almost totally overwhelmed me, then went to an after party in Milan dressed as a bat, it was in an huge vaulted art gallery and ended up loosing myself dancing on a table in a smoke and lazers extravaganza.

Finally found myself in time to fly to New York, did the Alexa Chung show, which was great, but I was so terrified of doing live TV, and in fucking Times Square, with Edward Norton, my hands wouldn’t stop shaking, at least It prepared me for Letterman. LETTERMAN. Jesus, that was surreal, it was like stepping into the television or something, hyper unreality, then did CNN, where the woman told me off on live television for not looking into the camera, and then said I seemed kind of overwhelmed by everything, OF COURSE IM OVERWHELMED IM LIVE ON CNN!, oh and I punched a ghost that I found sitting on the end of my bed in my hotel room,

The show at the bowery was great, thank you to everyone who came, We left the cobbled streets of rainy New York, and headed for the shores of sunny LA. Did an acoustic gig in an abandoned zoo, ended up in the bear pit.. Met Rod Stuart in the hallway of the Jimmy Kimmel show, and bought some amazing silk dresses on Melrose.. the whole town was going Halloween crazy, but I basically look like I’m in fancy dress all the time anyway so I fit right in..x the show at The Troubadour, SO FUN!!, I then ended up in a tree poolside at the Mondrian discussing politics with someone dressed as, “boom boom shake shake the room”. Me and Izza went as Calvin and Hobbes, because I’m tall and orange and she’s small and blonde…x

And now I’m in Montreal,.. heading home in a couple of days, then off to France with La roux and Lissy Trullie, which should be really fun, GIRLS ON TOUUUUR..!

Ok. That bout wraps us up for now, see you soon love you forever. Florence…x

Ps….I have been wearing, a tin machine t shirt, that say’s “fuck you I heart tin machine” ..x

I have been listening to.. The Miike Snow album, and the Halloween mix tape Izza gave me. Which is mainly gangster wrap

I have been reading.. Roberto Bolano’s amulet, and superman comics….x

I have been drinking/eating… bloody marys/peanuts ..x

No comments:

Post a Comment