6 Oct 2009

Love Eternal Live Forever, Notes From Under Stormy Weather

How do, hello from underneath a candy striped canopy in wet Cologne.

It's funny because the last time I was here we played in the same venue supporting MGMT, but we were a three piece in my dad's campervan, parked in an abandoned lot, next to some graffiti that said MOTHERFUCKIN' ALCHOHOL. Good memories.

THAT WAS TWO YEARS AGO. Fucking hell. I’m going to go and sit in that abandoned lot and reminisce about the good old days.

Thank you so much to everyone who came to the Shepherds Bush shows, it was an incredible way to end the tour, although the bruises i sustained throughout it were worse than any other tour, I blame the bus, the mix of long ungainly limbs - loud music and small space equals blue and purple body. I would also like to thank lady Gaga, the Urythmics, and tequila for their part in the proceedings.

And of course massive thankyou to The XX for being incredible every night, I am now overloaded with XX t-shirts, vinyl, cd’s and badges...i'm basically a super fan, it wont be long before im waiting by the stage door to get them to sign aughtographs for me,

And thankyou to Frankie and the Heartstrings for their support on the last show, who will also be supporting us at Brixton one night, so come and see them again.

I’m going to pop out into cologne now and have a look at the cathedral, and see if I can spend all my money for tour on some very impractical objects, like a stuffed marmot, or a giant panting of a horse or something.

LOTS OF LOVE. STAY UP IN THE RAIN.x

No comments:

Post a Comment