20 Oct 2009

FLORENCE WELCH'S GUILTY WORDS

Florence and the Machine star Florence Welch says she often feels guilty that she just chooses her lyrics at random.



Florence Welch feels guilty about her lyrics.

The Florence and the Machine star - whose track 'Dog Days Are Over' consists of phrases chosen at random from an art installation - says she sometimes wishes there was more of a story to the lyrics she writes.

She said: "'Dog Days Are Over' means nothing. Sometimes I feel guilty about how flippantly I choose lyrics. If I like a phrase I just put it in. And then it means something to people."

Florence also revealed she had a panic attack when she learned she was going to be honoured with the Critic's Choice Award at this year's BRIT Awards.

She explained: "I'd done nothing and I was getting an award for it. Even on the day of the awards the only way I felt I could stand up there and receive it was to thank the people who had helped get my music out and put it on the radio."

No comments:

Post a Comment