14 Jul 2011

Florence in today's Daily Star

FLORENCE Welch plans on recording her second album wearing spooky shaman robes.

Florence Welch is so obsessed with the occult she wants her bandmates to dress in spiritual cloaks to help conjure up some black musical magic.

Flo, 24, revealed: “It would be fun to get shamans’ robes for everyone while we’re recording.

“So everyone – the whole band – gets dressed for work, puts on their big robe, and comes down to the studio.”

The London lass recorded a large portion of her 2009 award-winning debut Lungs playing with a fancy dress hamper in the studio.

And she remains a keen follower of Gothic hocus pocus.

The flame-haired star explained: “I love seances, witchcraft, heaven and hell, voodoo, gospel, possession, demons, exorcism and all that stuff.

“I’m not a religious person. Sex, violence, love, death, all the topics that I’m constantly wrestling with, it’s all connected back to religion.”

Despite offers of celebrity collaborations, Florence is currently writing new music in the US and UK with old pal Isabelle “Machine” Summers.

Flo gushed: “I think it’s important to work with people you know who know my process.

“I find I get a bit nuts if I do it all by myself, I need somebody to bounce off.

“I’m going to do the writing then we’ll record it as a band.”

And sonically there will be little deviation as Florence still has unfinished business in the studio.

She promised: “I feel like we kind of hit on an idea for the first album, but we didn’t make a 24-song recording.

“So we need to finish it up and solve that idea, whatever that is.

“You’re constantly looking for a resolution but that never comes.

“That’s why you keep making music: You’re looking for an answer but you never get it so you keep making it up.”

No comments:

Post a Comment