7 Aug 2009

Mercury Rising

This was my morning, when the mercury happened....x

My mum -"so when do you know if your nominated?"

Me - "in about an hour"

My mum - "well don't get your hopes up, you don’t want to be all dressed up and then just have to come straight home again."

Me- "right. yeah, cheers mum."

But amazingly I was, read out last apparently, so glad I wasn't listening, probably would have passed out from the tension.

The thing is, and I’m not just saying this, just being nominated is really like winning anyway, whatever happens from here I will be happy, seriously I mean that, and I’m really excited about all the other artists on the list,

It was funny doing the press rounds with Glasvegas behind me and the horrors in front, James and Farris were joint winners in the best jacket awards, James’s a leather jacket with Marilyn Monroe spayed on the back, and Faris in a fetching black and white snakeskin tuxedo, spider web has a tan! and looked like he was promenading down the French Riviera, they looked amazing, its all change in horrors land, (i actually really hope they win)....

What else has happened in machine world, went tocampbestival, played opposite a castle, me and Isabella in matching floaty white dresses, looking like members of a cult. We looked like something out of the wicker man, hung out with my family, at Durdle door the next day, it was so beautiful, i felt like i was in lord of the rings, saw Bon Iver and Pj Harvey, both equally beautiful, ....xx Pj Harvey was mind blowing, xxx.....all in all a beautiful time had by all.......x

IBIZA ROCK.AND ROCK AND ROCK......x so much fun, dancing in tie die and gold hotpants, had to resist the idea of jumping in the pool from the stage, sound all cut out, but audience sing along saved the day!......relaxed on the bottom of the pool pretending to be drowned looking up at the surface of the water, very peaceful.....

Back in London town, no longer drowned, ..... Preparing for tour, listening obsessively to the Xx album, it’s heartbreakingly good.

See you all in the wilderness, love and bloody feet.......peace.....x

No comments:

Post a Comment